We are looking for a Senior Data Architect who will work with a cross-functional team of product, engineering, and customer success leaders to architect and build machine learning and NLP data environment from our professional and user generated content as well as clickstream data, the Sr. DA will own and design all of our AWS data components, APIs and event driven real time streaming endpoints in order to help improve our products and drive better outcomes for our customers.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about big data at scale, has a strong data engineering, solution architect and consultative mindset, a deep understanding of various AWS infrastructures and services, in particular, real time data pipelines, containers and kubernetes, infrastructure as code and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role will drive high impact to the company through big data architecture design, AWS cloud centre of excellence, building ML products at scale.
Viafoura partners with over 600 global media brands, helping them to engage, convert and monetize their digital audiences. With best-in-class engagement and content moderation solutions — including real-time conversations, live blogs, community chat, personalization tools, and AI-powered moderation — Viafoura helps companies create active, civil, and loyal online communities reaching 500 million users every month, and generating massive scale real-time data.
Advanced data analytics also offer customers access to unique and valuable insights into their audience's behaviors and preferences. As a result, the Viafoura solution drives higher registrations and subscriptions as well as better-targeted content and advertising.
- Design and implement data and machine learning architecture that improves application features and performance
- Review and evaluate requirements from leadership and translate to technical design
- Design and develop scalable prototypes of self-serve data tools, ETLs, and other infrastructure enhancements
- Work with data engineers and data scientists to guide their low level designs and influence their technical decisions to align with the higher level architectural goals
- Works closely with engineering and product teams to develop a strategy for long term data architecture
- Own and drive data architecture involving real-time streaming, batch and micro-batch for our AWS cloud applications
- Identify and analyze cloud infrastructure architecture gaps to propose new technologies. Establish pilots and POCs for proposed solutions and make recommendations for approvals.
- Design and create our common core data science and analytics environment, reusable pipelines, feature engineering, microservices
- Protect data integrity and accuracy. Perform root cause analysis of issues that hinder the data quality. Work with data source owner to increase quality and accuracy of the source data.
- Degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar)
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global data science, warehousing and analytics projects
- Ability to write designs for data architecture of data warehouse or data lake solutions or end to end data pipelines.
- Strong programming skills and proficient with at least a programming language, such as Python, Java and Scala
- Extensive knowledge of data technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT, reporting/analytic tools, microservices & Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS cloud, using Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, Athena, ECS, EKS and etc.
- Experience working with consumer based clickstream, web behavioural data and content data
- Experience building real time data ETL with event driven architecture
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Personal accountability with self-motivation
- Fast turnaround with high willingness to learn and take challenges and not afraid of getting hands dirty