Director, Content & Communications
Who we are:
Viafoura partners with over 600 media brands to engage, convert and monetize their digital audiences. With best-in-class engagement and content moderation solutions — including real-time conversations, live blogs, community chat, personalization tools, and AI-powered moderation — Viafoura helps companies create active, civil, and loyal online communities.
Advanced data analytics also offer customers access to unique and valuable insights into their audience's behaviors and preferences. As a result, the Viafoura solution drives higher registrations and subscriptions as well as better-targeted content and advertising.
Viafoura is looking for a SaaS, tech and B2B content & communications professional with strong experience in full funnel marketing. The Director, Content & Communications oversees all marketing content initiatives across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with the marketing, sales, customer service and data teams to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
This role is remote and reports to the SVP, Marketing.
Think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video and in-person.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolution of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gather data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics. • Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implementing appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- 6+ years B2B marketing experience with a focus on target/named account-focused programs in ABM and/or Demand Generation
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results working cross-functionally with sales, marketing, product and Customer Support teams
- Competent in all areas of marketing including strategy, plans, sales enablement, thought leadership and demand generation
- Aptitude for leveraging digital marketing, digital advertising, and sales acceleration tools and technologies
- Data-driven and proficient with extracting analytic insights to segment audiences and optimize efforts
- Deep experience with building and carrying out account-based marketing programs
- Very analytical and data-driven approach to demand generation with the ability to track and report on long-term and complex campaign performance metrics
- You have proven success (revenue generation) of multi-channel demand generation campaigns, as well as complex and variable ABM execution using both automated and disruptive technologies via inbound and outbound channels
- You're a people person - you have excellent relationship management skills with ability to build rapport, influence and deepen relationships with stakeholders, especially with Sales
- A strong understanding and measurable track record of enterprise-focused integrated marketing programs
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; knows how to build organizational support across multiple functions within the company
- Experience in the publishing industry (is a plus)
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefits
- Professional Development
- A highly supportive and collaborative Agile team culture
- Full remote work option